Five storylines to watch early for men's basketball

<p>Then-sophomore guard Joshua Langford (1) goes in for a layup during the Champions Classic in the game against Duke on Nov. 14, 2017, at the United Center. The Blue Devils defeated the Spartans, 88-81.&nbsp;</p>

Then-sophomore guard Joshua Langford (1) goes in for a layup during the Champions Classic in the game against Duke on Nov. 14, 2017, at the United Center. The Blue Devils defeated the Spartans, 88-81. 

The men’s basketball team comes into the season as the No. 2 in the nation, with a plethora of talent including sophomore guard/forward Miles Bridges and freshman forward Jaren Jackson Jr.

With this much talent, comes a lot of storylines to follow early on and throughout the season the season.

Here are five storylines you should follow as the Spartans battle through their 31-game season.

Cassius Winston holds Spartans fate on his shoulders

Everybody knows about Bridges’ expectations this year, as he’s been nominated and predicted to win mostly every award in the country. That’s nothing new.

However, one person who holds this team’s success on his shoulders, is guard Cassius Winston. Head coach Tom Izzo even said so.

“There’s no question that for us to be great, Cassius Winston has to be the player that we all know he can become,” Izzo said during media day on Oct. 11. “Without a doubt, his play will play a major key to our season.”

Share and discuss “Five storylines to watch early for men's basketball” on social media.