MSU ranked No. 24 in AP poll, unranked in Coaches poll

Sophomore quarterback Brian Lewerke (14) throws the football during the game against Northwestern on Oct. 28, 2017, at Ryan Field. The Spartans fell to the Wildcats, 39-31, in 3OT.
Sophomore quarterback Brian Lewerke (14) throws the football during the game against Northwestern on Oct. 28, 2017, at Ryan Field. The Spartans fell to the Wildcats, 39-31, in 3OT. —
Photo by Matt Schmucker | The State News

Despite the Spartans' triple overtime loss to Northwestern, they've barely hung on in the polls. Kind of.

MSU came in unranked in the Coaches Poll, despite being the first team out, amassing a total of 145 points.

In the AP poll, though, the Spartans had a little bit more breathing room as they were ranked No. 24 in the nation.

Interestingly, in the Coaches poll, in-state rival, Michigan, was ranked at No. 24. But the Wolverines were unranked in the AP poll.

After its thrilling win over Penn State Saturday, Ohio State jumped up to No. 3 in the both the Coaches and AP poll. The Nittany Lions, the Spartans' next opponent, fell to No. 7 in both polls.

In a slew of similarities, the Wisconsin Badgers were also ranked No. 4 in both polls, as well.

The Spartans take on the Nittany Lions in the battle for the prestigious Land Grant Trophy Nov. 4. It was announced Saturday night that kickoff would be set for 12 p.m.

Share and discuss “MSU ranked No. 24 in AP poll, unranked in Coaches poll” on social media.