Big Ten announces men's and women's basketball TV schedule

<p>The Spartans huddle before the game against&nbsp;Pennsylvania State University&nbsp;during the second round of the Big Ten Tournament on March 9, 2017 at Verizon Center in Washington D.C. The Spartans defeated the Nittany Lions, 78-51.</p>

The Spartans huddle before the game against Pennsylvania State University during the second round of the Big Ten Tournament on March 9, 2017 at Verizon Center in Washington D.C. The Spartans defeated the Nittany Lions, 78-51.

The Big Ten announced on Thursday the TV schedule for all teams playing their non-conference and conference opponents. The Spartans play two early Big Ten games against Nebraska on Dec. 3 at home and at Rutgers on Dec. 5.

MSU will have two nationally televised games in the first half of the season, the first one airing on ESPN with the Spartans facing off against Duke University in the The State Farm Champions Classic on Nov. 14 in Chicago. The second nationally televised game will be MSU's game against Nebraska, which will air on Fox Sports 1.

During Big Ten play, MSU will have 14 nationally televised games with five games airing on ESPN or ESPN2, four on Fox Sports 1, CBS Sports airing three games and FOX airing two games.

All other MSU men's basketball non-conference games will air on the Big Ten Network.

The Big Ten women's basketball TV basketball schedule was also released, with MSU having two games that will be nationally televised: MSU at Ohio State on Jan. 27 on ESPNU with a noon tipoff and MSU hosting the University of Michigan on Feb. 11 on ESPN2 with a noon tipoff.

This is the first year in the history of the Big Ten Conference the Big Ten will be on four major networks: BTN, CBS Sports, ESPN and Fox Sports.

Share and discuss “Big Ten announces men's and women's basketball TV schedule” on social media.