Former Spartan Jankoska heads to Taiwan as part of World University Games

<p>Senior guard Tori Jankoska (1) is interviewed after the women's basketball game against Ohio State on Jan. 10, 2017 at Breslin Center. In the first quarter, Jankoska broke MSU women's basketball all-time scoring record. The Spartans defeated the Buckeyes, 94-75. Jankoska broke a record with for the&nbsp;most points scored in a game, with&nbsp;42 points.</p>

Senior guard Tori Jankoska (1) is interviewed after the women's basketball game against Ohio State on Jan. 10, 2017 at Breslin Center. In the first quarter, Jankoska broke MSU women's basketball all-time scoring record. The Spartans defeated the Buckeyes, 94-75. Jankoska broke a record with for the most points scored in a game, with 42 points.

Former Spartan Tori Jankoska is headed to Taiwan. The former All-American will be playing for Team USA in the World University games next month.

Jankoska and former Terrapin Malina Howard join the Maryland women's basketball team as recent additions. 

The Terrapins were selected by the United States International University Sports Federation, or US-IUSF, to represent the U.S. in the World University Games.

The games will be held from Aug. 19-30 in Taipei, Taiwan.

Jankoska, a Freeland, Michigan native, concluded her illustrious career at MSU, earning All-Big Ten honors every year. The 5-foot-8 guard averaged 16.9 points, 5.8 rebounds and 3.7 assists per game for her career.

“I’m extremely excited about joining Coach (Brenda) Frese and the Maryland team for the World University Games," Jankoska told MSU Athletic Communications. "They have had a tremendous program throughout the years. It is an amazing opportunity to see the world, play the game I love and represent the United States."

Jankoska, after being drafted No. 9 overall by the Chicago Sky in the WNBA Draft, was cut earlier this year. However, she will remain overseas playing for Basket Gdynia in Poland. There, she'll begin her overseas professional career.

Share and discuss “Former Spartan Jankoska heads to Taiwan as part of World University Games” on social media.