Slobodnik-Stoll inducted into Michigan Golf Hall of Fame

<p>Women's golf head coach Stacy Slobodnik, left, talks with redshirt-junior Katie Sharp before a putt on Sept. 25, 2016 at Forest Akers West Golf Course. Slobodnik has held the head coaching position at MSU for 19 years.</p>

Women's golf head coach Stacy Slobodnik, left, talks with redshirt-junior Katie Sharp before a putt on Sept. 25, 2016 at Forest Akers West Golf Course. Slobodnik has held the head coaching position at MSU for 19 years.

MSU women’s golf head coach Stacy Slobodnik-Stoll has been inducted into the Michigan Golf Hall of Fame. She will join an elite group of 119 golfers that have been inducted.

Slobodnik-Stoll coached the MSU to a Big Ten Championship this season as well as a third place finish in the NCAA Athens Regional. She ultimately led the team to the NCAA Championships. 

This season she was also voted Big Ten Coach of the Year for the fourth time. In 20 seasons with MSU she has guided the Spartans to 18 NCAA Regional appearances, 11 trips to the NCAA Championships, six Big Ten titles and 35 tournament wins. 

Under Slobodnik-Stoll, the MSU women’s golf team has earned the Athletic Director’s Award for achieving the highest cumulative grade-point average among MSU varsity sports. This was the sixth consecutive year the women’s golf team has earned the award. 

The longtime head coach was also a part of the team during her time in college. Slobodnik-Stoll was a two-time captain during the 1992-93 and 1993-94 seasons.

Share and discuss “Slobodnik-Stoll inducted into Michigan Golf Hall of Fame” on social media.