Kenney Lyke reportedly transferring from MSU football

<p>Freshman safety Kenney Lyke speaks to members of the media during a round table press conference on Jan. 15, 2016 at Spartan Stadium. Lyke is reportedly leaving the MSU football program and is set to transfer after playing in three games in 2016.</p>

Freshman safety Kenney Lyke speaks to members of the media during a round table press conference on Jan. 15, 2016 at Spartan Stadium. Lyke is reportedly leaving the MSU football program and is set to transfer after playing in three games in 2016.

For the second straight day, MSU football has a player reportedly leaving its program. Kenney Lyke, who enrolled at MSU Jan 11, 2016, is set to transfer to Mississippi Delta Community College, according to ESPN.

Dan Murphy of ESPN first reported that Lyke was transferring "in hopes of eventually landing at an SEC school in the future."

ESPN also reported that Lyke is leaving the team because he fell one credit shy of his required course load.

The report comes just one day after news broke Kaleel Gaines was leaving the MSU football program. A team spokesperson confirmed to The State News Gaines was no longer part of the team.

Lyke, who was active for the 2016 season, appeared in three games — against Maryland, Michigan and Rutgers. He recorded one tackle total as a member of the secondary for MSU.

Share and discuss “Kenney Lyke reportedly transferring from MSU football” on social media.