Five restaurants to celebrate at after graduation

Spring 2017 Commencement is upon the MSU community, and thousands of students will be graduating and preparing for the next phase of their lives.

After graduation, families will gather with their student, probably take pictures and then travel to a restaurant to celebrate afterward. 

Here are five tasty restaurants to think about visiting for a graduation celebration:

Ukai Hibachi Grill & Sushi Bar
Ukai features a hibachi grill and sushi bar. Hibachi is a style of Japanese cooking where the food is cooked over a hot open Teppan grill in front of guests. 

Ukai has three different locations, its newest and largest location is located on 2314 Woodlake Dr. Okemos. Another location is also in Okemos and the third is in Lansing.

The State Room Restaurant
The State Room is located inside Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center. The restaurant offers private rooms available upon reservation. 

Conveniently located across from Brody Neighborhood, The State Room is close to campus and the Breslin Center. For those interested in upscale casual dining in close proximity, give The State Room a try.

HopCat
Originally started in Grand Rapids, HopCat has branched out and filled locations around the country, including in East Lansing. East Lansing HopCat has a number of spaces and areas that can fit 10-80 people for special events.

HopCat is known for its wide selection of beer and popular bar food. The menu features the fan-favorite crack fries, killer mac and cheese, soups and salads and burgers. 

Black Cat Bistro
Black Cat Bistro is a laid back, casual bistro located on the corner of Abbot Road and Albert Avenue in East Lansing. The restaurant features soup and salads, breaded mac and cheese tots, truffled mac and cheese, steak and fries among other options.

Bravo! Cucina Italiana
Bravo! Is an Italian restaurant with locations around the country, including one in Lansing. It is located at the Eastwood Towne Center, not far from campus. 

The restaurant features classic pasta dishes, pizza and chef specialities. Bravo! doesn’t offer private banquet rooms, but can accommodate large parties in its restaurant.

Share and discuss “Five restaurants to celebrate at after graduation” on social media.