Former Spartan Tori Jankoska selected No. 9 overall in WNBA Draft

<p>Senior guard Tori Jankoska (1) goes up for a lay up as Maryland center Brionna Jones (42) defends her during the game against the Maryland in the semifinal round of the women's Big Ten Tournament on March 4, 2017 at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis. The Spartans were defeated by the Terrapins, 100-89.</p>

Senior guard Tori Jankoska (1) goes up for a lay up as Maryland center Brionna Jones (42) defends her during the game against the Maryland in the semifinal round of the women's Big Ten Tournament on March 4, 2017 at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis. The Spartans were defeated by the Terrapins, 100-89.

Tori Jankoska is headed to Chicago.

The former MSU women's basketball star was drafted No. 9 overall in the 2017 WNBA Draft by the Chicago Sky.

Jankoska's selection marks the second-straight year the Spartans have had a former player drafted in the first round.

A native of Freeland, Mich., Jankoska cemented her legacy as one of MSU’s top women’s basketball players in program history during her four-year career in East Lansing. 

Jankoska had a senior season for the history books

In her senior campaign, the 5-foot-8 guard played and started in 33 total games, while averaging 22.6 points, eight rebounds and 4.8 assists per game.

During her remarkable season, Jankoska became the all-time leading scorer in MSU women’s basketball history and was the first to surpass 2,000 career points as she ended her Spartan career with 2,212 points. 

Jankoska also became the all-time leader in 3-pointers made with 320, free throws made with 478 and finished her career second in assists with 489 alongside setting the single-season record of 3-pointers made with 122.

On Feb. 16, she secured a triple-double with 24 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists in an 85-69 win against Minnesota.

Her triple-double was the third in the program's history and was the first since Kristin Haynie in 2005.

The Sky will commence their 2017 season on May 2 as they take on the Connecticut Sun in the first game of their two-game preseason schedule. 

Share and discuss “Former Spartan Tori Jankoska selected No. 9 overall in WNBA Draft” on social media.