Tori Jankoska named Associated Press Honorable Mention All-American

Senior guard Tori Jankoska and Head Coach Suzy Merchant share a moment during the game against Nebraska on Jan. 7, 2017 at Breslin Center. The Spartans defeated the Cornhuskers, 93-73.
Senior guard Tori Jankoska and Head Coach Suzy Merchant share a moment during the game against Nebraska on Jan. 7, 2017 at Breslin Center. The Spartans defeated the Cornhuskers, 93-73. —
Photo by Jon Famurewa | and Jon Famurewa The State News

After a successful season to conclude her career in the green and white, MSU women's basketball's senior guard Tori Jankoska added another award to her name. The Freeland, Mich. native was named to the Associated Press honorable mention All-America team, according to a press release.

Jankoska is the ninth Spartan to earn an AP All-America honor, and the third in the last three years. Jankoska is one of five players from the Big Ten to be given the honor. Maryland's Brionna Jones was named to the first-team, Ohio State University's Kelsey Mitchell was named to the second-team and Maryland's Shatori Walker-Kimbrough was named to the third-team. Jankoska was named along with Northwestern's Nia Coffey as an honorable mention.

In her final season with MSU, Jankoska became the only Spartan to score more than 2,000 points and ended her career with 2,212 points. Jankoska averaged 22.6 points per game this season.

Jankoska helped the Spartans to a 21-12 overall record this season and led the team to its second-straight NCAA Tournament berth.

Share and discuss “Tori Jankoska named Associated Press Honorable Mention All-American” on social media.