Downtown's Sweet Lorraine's Fabulous Mac n' Cheez closes

<p>A pedestrian walks past Sweet Lorraine's Fabulous Mac N' Cheez restaurant on Sept. 15, 2014. Raymond Williams/The State News</p>

A pedestrian walks past Sweet Lorraine's Fabulous Mac N' Cheez restaurant on Sept. 15, 2014. Raymond Williams/The State News

Photo by Raymond Williams | The State News

Sweet Lorraine’s Fabulous Mac n’ Cheez, a comfort food restaurant on Grand River Avenue, closed Sunday night. The restaurant featured gourmet mac and cheese dishes, salad bowls and wraps.

Though their management declined to comment, they confirmed the location’s closing. The location’s Facebook page has not updated on its closing and advertised for hiring in August.

Sweet Lorraine’s is part of a larger franchise focusing on different dishes from the Sweet Lorraine’s flagship restaurant. The franchise has four other Mac n’ Cheez locations in Michigan and Illinois. Sweet Lorraine’s also owns a Mac n’ Brewz, a combination of mac and cheese and other comfort food, and a craft beer bar.

The restaurant opened in September 2014, taking over Wanderer’s Teahouse and Cafe.

Share and discuss “Downtown's Sweet Lorraine's Fabulous Mac n' Cheez closes” on social media.