Trump official nominee, son delivers rousing speech

Paul Ryan speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives talks during the Republican National Convention on July 19 2016 at Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio.
Paul Ryan speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives talks during the Republican National Convention on July 19 2016 at Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio. —
Photo by Carly Geraci | and Carly Geraci The State News

Donald Trump was officially installed as the Republican nominee for president on Tuesday in a day heavy on anti-Hillary Clinton rhetoric and vague on Trump's plans for America.

Labeled "Make America Work Again," day two of the RNC began with the goal of unifying people under a singular candidate that could effectively capture enough support to land on the stoop of the White House. In a show of good-natured showboating, each state delegation touted their state's achievements and grandiose features in an attempt at humorous bragging and chiding.

Trump had all but secured the nomination months prior but the final roll call vote cemented his candidacy. Donald Trump Jr. delivered the New York vote casting for his father that officially put him over the top in terms of delegates needed to secure the nomination.

The floor erupted in cheers and the Humongotron in Quicken Loans arena cut to a yellow background emblazoned with "Over The Top" written on the screens and the speakers blaring a saxophone rendition of Frank Sinatra's “New York, New York."

Trump took to twitter to express his pride in being selected the nominee.

After convention business took place, the night was left to the speakers who in this session repeatedly railed against Clinton’s record in office as they had the previous two nights.

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who many have been ridiculed for his to devotion to Trump, held a faux court session, acting as judge and prosecutor to Clinton, imploring the crowd to answer guilty or not guilty to a series of statements about Clinton’s record in a variety of foreign and domestic affairs.

Trump Jr. was praised for his speaking chops, delivering his words with strong cadence.

A few delegates roaming through Freedom Plaza exclaimed that Trump Jr. seemed to be a more effective speaker than his father.

Trump Jr. spoke of the determination and drive of his father and his father’s relentless pursuit to climb the ladder and disregard the impossible as merely a roadblock made of climbable brick instead of hardened steel.

“For my father, impossible is just the starting point,” Trump Jr. said. “That’s how he approaches business projects, that’s how he approaches life, whether it’s teaching his granddaughter how to swing a golf club, or tackling the toughest negotiations, he’s always fully committed.”

U.S. House Speaker Paul Ryan, who wavered in his support for Donald Trump throughout the primary campaign season, delivered a speech where he mentioned Trump twice but called for the Republican Party to unify around stopping another four years of Democratic party rule.

Lucifer was also invoked during the session thanks to Dr. Ben Carson who tied the presider over Hell and Clinton together.

Clinton, according to CNN, wrote a thesis on the author of Rules of Radicals, Saul Alinsky. Alinsky acknowledges Lucifer as the first radical devious enough to win his own kingdom.

Carson asked the crowd gathered at the RNC, “So are we willing to elect someone as president who has as their role model someone who acknowledges Lucifer?”

Share and discuss “Trump official nominee, son delivers rousing speech” on social media.