HALFTIME: MSU leads Maryland, 41-33

Head coach Tom Izzo talks to a referee during the second half of the game on March 12, 2016 at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Indiana. The Spartans defeated theTerrapins, 64-61.

The No. 2 MSU men's basketball team (27-5, 13-5 Big Ten) leads the No. 18 Maryland Terrapins at the half in the Big Ten Tournament semifinals, 41-33.

The winner moves on to face Purdue in the championship game on Sunday.

The Spartans are led by six points, five rebounds and nine assists from Denzel Valentine while Maryland is led by 13 points from junior forward Robert Carter Jr.

Things were heated early as MSU junior guard Eron Harris and senior Maryland forward Jake Layman were issued a double-technical at the 18:31 mark of the first half.

Emotions eventually settled down and MSU steadily built a lead on Maryland. With 7:33 to go in the half, it was a 26-16 advantage for the Spartans.

Maryland fought its way back into the game and closed the MSU lead to four, 28-24, with 6:08 to go in the half, but back-to-back 3-pointers from MSU junior guard Alvin Ellis III helped the Spartans go on a run and take a 41-33 lead into the break.

Share and discuss “HALFTIME: MSU leads Maryland, 41-33” on social media.