Comedian from Disney Pixar's 'Inside Out' coming to the Wharton Center

Comedian Paula Poundstone poses for a portrait. Poundstone will be performing at Wharton Center on February 18, 2016. Photo courtesy of Maegen Brown

Nationally touring stand-up comedian, writer and radio panelist Paula Poundstone will be performing at Wharton Center Feb 18.

A regular panelist on NPR’s "Wait Wait… Don’t Tell Me" news show, Poundstone also had a small voice role in Disney Pixar’s ''Inside Out."

“I love the sound of people’s laughter, it’s good for you,” Poundstone said. rm

Poundstone began her career in comedy in 1979, performing at open mic events in Boston before later taking a Greyhound bus across the country, performing as she went. She cites encouragement from adults at an early age that helped spark her interest in comedy.

“My kindergarten teacher’s summary letter that she wrote in May of 1965 said, ‘I have enjoyed many of Paula’s humorous comments about our activities.’ ... I still have that letter,” Poundstone said.

One of Poundstone’s draws is her audience interaction, which she said makes every show unique and is her favorite part of the night.

“Any given show, probably a quarter to a third is unique just to that night, (it) will not be happening again,” Poundstone said.

Tickets can be purchased through the Wharton Center’s website.

“I love Michigan, I love colleges. ... (You) combined a beautiful state and education, what could be better than that?” Poundstone said.

Share and discuss “Comedian from Disney Pixar's 'Inside Out' coming to the Wharton Center ” on social media.