Saturday, May 4, 2024

Halloween events on campus and in the East Lansing area

<p>Intercultural communication and language program sophomore Shu Toyoda cheers after finishing a relay game Oct. 26, 2014, during the Japan Club's annual Curry Party at the Spartan Village Community Center, 1460 Middlevale Road in East Lansing. Japanese curry and bubble tea from Bubble Island was served at the Halloween themed party. Erin Hampton/The State News</p>

Intercultural communication and language program sophomore Shu Toyoda cheers after finishing a relay game Oct. 26, 2014, during the Japan Club's annual Curry Party at the Spartan Village Community Center, 1460 Middlevale Road in East Lansing. Japanese curry and bubble tea from Bubble Island was served at the Halloween themed party. Erin Hampton/The State News

Halloween is on Saturday, but East Lansing is already ready to celebrate the holiday. 

With a variety of family-friendly and campus-based activities, MSU will be filled with candy and costumes. 

Here’s a look at the festivities in the area offered this week. 

WEDNESDAY

University Activities Board Craft Night

MSU Union, ground floor, room 50 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Need decorations for your porch or windowsill? Get crafty for Halloween and paint a pumpkin! UAB will provide free pumpkins and paint while supplies last. Students must show ID and are allowed one guest.

THURSDAY

Safe Halloween

M.A.C. Avenue, between Burcham Drive and Elizabeth Street, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

The annual event hosted by MSU’s Greek Life is open to families in East Lansing. Kids can trick-or-treat, play games and show off their costumes. Donations made by sponsors and families go to three local charities chosen by the Greek community.

arachnoBROADia! at Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum

Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.

Learn about some bugs with the MSU Bug House and explore the museum’s newest exhibits. All ages are welcome to check out exhibits as well as play games, make crafts and eat snacks.

Harper’s Give Back Thursday: Halloween Edition

Harper’s Restaurant and Brewpub from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m.

Paired with MSU Greek Life and Spartans for a Cure, Harper’s Restaurant and Brewpub will be raising money for four different causes. There will be a costume contest and dining specials, including $2 burgers and fries, $2 brewed beers and more. 

FRIDAY

Spooktacular Campus Center Cinemas

B Wing of Wells Hall from 8 p.m. to 11:45 p.m.

Enjoy a Halloween-themed movie night at Campus Center Cinema. Showings of The Shining and Halloweentown start at 9 p.m. Come in a creative costume, because there will be a costume contest with prizes. Students can enter into four different categories ranging from funniest costume to scariest costume. Winners will be given $20 in Spartan Cash and movie passes.

Share and discuss “Halloween events on campus and in the East Lansing area ” on social media.