Monday, October 7, 2024

What to expect from CATA on Saturday

MSU students board a bus at the CATA bus station on Shaw Lane. Since CATA began in 1972, it has given approximately 11.85 million rides. Griffin Zotter/The State News

Spartan fans will be abound this weekend as students, faculty, and residents gather to cheer on our football team against Oregon. MSU expects to see around 80,000 fans in Spartan Stadium and about 25,000 fans tailgating this Saturday, Sept. 12 for MSU’s game against Oregon.

The CATA bus system will start running differently on game days as many will find out as the year progresses. Due to the surplus of people on campus during the game and tailgating the CATA will have to take detours to transport riders around campus.

On Saturday, the game day detours will affect CATA routes 20 through 26 and routes 34 and 35, starting at 3 p.m. and will continue until two hours after the game is over. 

CATA won’t travel through the Shaw and Farm lane intersection nor ramp five on Red Cedar Rd. There may be significant delays on these routes so be sure to make it to your stop on time to reach your destination. Be sure to read our article on what to expect from police on football Saturdays especially for tailgaters

Have a great game day Spartans, beat Oregon! 

Share and discuss “What to expect from CATA on Saturday ” on social media.