Sunday, October 27, 2024

Board of Trustees approves moving forth with Munn field turf installment

The MSU Board of Trustees approved the awarding of a contract for the construction of Munn Field in their meeting onFriday morning.

The board hosted an informative presentation from John Madden, director of the Spartan Marching Band, which enlightened the board on the goings-on in the band as they considered approving moving forward with the installment of artificial grass in Munn Field for use by the marching band.

The Board of Trustees also approved a slew of other construction projects, including administration to proceed with the renovations to the West Circle Housing Complex, the renovations to the courtyard outside Kresge Art Center and renovations to Wilson Hall.

The board also approved the purchase of a 129,000EMC square foot facility to be used for economic development and research purposes. Although the board authorized the transaction, the MSU Foundation, which currently owns the property, has yet to give their consent.

The board also extended football coach Mark Dantonio’s contract through January 2019.

Share and discuss “Board of Trustees approves moving forth with Munn field turf installment ” on social media.