Volleyball receives 3 National Letters of Intent

While the MSU volleyball team is approaching the end of the regular season and must begin to think about its postseason chances, the Spartans already are looking toward their future.

Head coach Cathy George and the Spartans received National Letters of Intent from three recruits to play for MSU in 2012. The new Spartans are outside hitter and middle blocker Maggie Halloran (Ann Arbor), outside hitter and defensive specialist Hadley Orr (Forest, Ind.) and setter Halle Peterson (Rockford, Mich.).

Halloran will look to fill a void that will be left by senior outside hitters Jenilee Rathje and Kyndra Abron when they depart after this season.

“She puts a very massive block at the net,” George said about Halloran in a statement to MSU communications. “She is a great teammate and will do whatever it takes for the team.”

Orr also adds depth to the outside hitter position and enters with first-team all state honors from Indiana.

“Hadley brings with her a very fiery personality,” George said. “She is what we like to call a quick-twitch athlete, and (we) will use her speed to compliment our team.”

Finally, Peterson, a 2011 Miss Michigan Volleyball finalist and first-team all-state selection in 2010 rounds out the trio.

“She is a great teammate, who people love to play with, and has the assertive type of leadership every team desires,” George said about the incoming setter. “Halle is a type of player that everyone will want to follow.”

Share and discuss “Volleyball receives 3 National Letters of Intent” on social media.