Thursday, June 30, 2022

Officials cite alcohol overconsumption as cause of student death

January 7, 2010

The Ingham County medical examiner ruled MSU student Brian McMillen’s death accidental, with the cause of death being overconsumption of alcohol.

McMillen was found dead in the early morning of Nov. 21 at the Alpha Gamma Rho fraternity, 432 Evergreen Ave. A roommate found McMillen unresponsive on a couch in his room and called the police. Police said he was not breathing when they arrived.

In a statement from police, Ingham County Medical Examiner Dean Sienko said McMillen’s blood alcohol content was .35 at the time of death. The investigation now is closed.

McMillen was a chemistry and an environmental soil science senior and a member of Alpha Gamma Rho, where he also lived.

Support student media! Please consider donating to The State News and help fund the future of journalism.

Discussion

Share and discuss “Officials cite alcohol overconsumption as cause of student death” on social media.