Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Local events offer holiday fun

Some ways to give back or have a little fun out on the town during the holiday season

Capital Area United Way will hold a fundraising event at Champps Americana, 2800 Preyde Blvd., in Lansing, from 4 p.m. to close on Wednesday to benefit United Way.

Champps will donate a percentage of the meal cost of each person who mentions they would like to support United Way.

The Ingham County Fairgrounds, 700 E. Ash St., in Mason, will host a Holiday Winter Carnival from 5-10 p.m. Friday, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday and noon to 6 p.m. Sunday to benefit Angel House. There will be carnival rides, food, games, crafts and various bands, including the Mason High School Santa Band. Admission is free.

Potter Park Zoo, 1301 S. Pennsylvania Ave., in Lansing, will feature thousands of holiday lights and winter displays Thursdays through Sundays until Dec. 30.

Michigan Historical Museum, 702 W. Kalamazoo St., in Lansing, will host WinterFest: Ethnic Festival from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday. It features a holiday-decorated atmosphere with music and arts and crafts. Admission is free.

WinterFest: Traditional Winter Sports Michigan Historical Museum, 702 W. Kalamazoo St., in Lansing, will be putting on a traditional winter sports festival to show and teach traditional winter sports, such as walking on snowshoes from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dec. 15. Admission is free.

Share and discuss “Local events offer holiday fun” on social media.