Sunday, April 28, 2024

College Bible ministry gives workshops on relationships

The Vision Christian Campus Ministry’s relationship workshop, led by Pastor Sean Holland, featured love- and sex-oriented issues that could apply to college students.

“These programs provide opportunity for questions,” Vision President Krystle Hunter said. “We are college students — we have questions.”

Holland spoke about “laws of attraction” and the definition of “true love.” His lecture focused on the damage often caused by a lack of communication in college relationships.

“As a pastor I meet a lot of hurting people,” Holland said. “Ninety-five percent of those people were hurt from a relationship.”

Holland also answered students’ anonymous questions at the end of the program.

Vision has been holding programs similar to the relationship workshop once a month for the past four years.

Vision members consider their ministry more than just a Bible study, Hunter said. The main goal of these programs is to educate students about controversial issues that are often swept under the rug in the Christian community. They often explore issues such as sex, pornography and atheism.

“A lot of people try to isolate Christians, but the fact of the matter is we are all human,” Hunter said. “We want everyone to understand that even though you have the banner of being Christian, you have real issues and you should feel comfortable talking about them.”

Up to 50 students meet at 7:30 p.m. every Tuesday at the Union’s Lake Ontario room for Bible study.

“(Meetings are) not structured and very free flowing,” Hunter said. “We do a lot of group work, watch Youtube clips and videos. It’s very interactive.”

Vision has big plans for the spring semester, which include a fashion show, Christian dances and a concert at the rock.

“This year we are really trying to revamp our ministry,” Hunter said. We want to include all cultures and religions and break down racial barriers.”

Share and discuss “College Bible ministry gives workshops on relationships” on social media.