ACC prevails in challenge for 9th straight season

The ninth Big Ten/ACC Challenge went just like the previous eight, as the ACC won eight of the 11 games.

While Penn State’s Mike Walker led the Nittany Lions to a win with 17 points, the consensus top-two teams in the conference took different routes to their win.

Riding Goran Suton’s hot start, MSU posted a dominating victory over N.C. State, while Indiana’s DJ White and Eric Gordon had to fight a little harder for the win.

Here are the game-by-game results of the ninth annual Big Ten/ACC Challenge:

Michigan State 81, North Carolina State 58

Suton’s double-double and Drew Neitzel’s 17 points helped the Spartans improve to 5-1.

Indiana 83, Georgia Tech 79

Only seven Hoosiers saw the floor, but all that mattered was the dynamic duo of Gordon and White. Gordon led all scorers with 29 points, while White posted his second straight double-double, scoring 18 points and grabbing 14 rebounds.

Penn State 66, Virginia Tech 61

Walker came off the bench to spark the Nittany Lions with 17 points.

Duke 82, Wisconsin 58

The Cameron Crazies had plenty to cheer about as five Blue Devils scored in double figures, led by Greg Paulus’ 18.

Maryland 69, Illinois 61

Grevis Vasquez (10 assists) used his vision to find Eric Hayes (18 points) and his hot hand, as the sophomore duo led the Terrapins.

Boston College 77, Michigan 64

Tyrese Rice (28 points, 8 rebounds) and Shamari Spears (14 points, 12 rebounds) helped the Eagles fend off a 19 point performance from freshman Manny Harris.

North Carolina 66, Ohio State 55

Wayne Ellington scored 23 and Tyler Hansbrough scored 13 points and grabbed 11 rebounds in the Tar Heels win.

Virginia 94, Northwestern 52

Mamadi Diane led the Cavaliers with 22 points and seven rebounds, while point guard Sean Singletary dished out 10 assists and scored 14 points.

Florida State 75, Minnesota 61

Four Seminoles scored in double figures as a balanced Florida State moved to 6-2 on the season.

Clemson 61, Purdue 58

Scott Martin and fellow freshmen provided a scare for No. 18 Clemson, but KC Rivers’ 18 points helped the Tigers preserve the home victory.

Wake Forest 56, Iowa 47

Despite Jarryd Cole’s 14 points, Iowa lost a home game for only the third time in its last 39 games at Carver-Hawkeye Arena.

Share and discuss “ACC prevails in challenge for 9th straight season” on social media.