MSU alumnus running for city council needs your support

Every time a City Council election rolls around, there is a lot of talk in the pages of The State News about how to make sure students are represented in our city government and every election comes and goes without electing a council member with our interests in mind. It is not enough to pick a candidate who cares about student issues. Students need to get behind an electable candidate with credibility.

This time around there is a candidate who meets both these criteria: Nathan Triplett. Not only has Triplett demonstrated that he understands and cares about student issues, but also that he has the support to win in November. Triplett has been endorsed by the Greater Lansing Labor Council, UAW Region 1C Community Action Program, Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce Political Action Committee, Mid-Michigan Democracy for America, the Ingham County Democratic Party and a long list of local and regional elected officials. MSU students can help Triplett win in November by turning out to vote and pushing him over the top. This November, let’s do more than talk about putting a student-friendly voice on the East Lansing City Council — let’s do it.

Jack Schmitt

social relations junior

Share and discuss “MSU alumnus running for city council needs your support” on social media.