Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Jesus column boring, Bice can only write about one topic

Attention all freshmen: Please do not be alarmed by John Bice’s article Jesus is not returning (SN 9/4). He’s been copying and pasting the same column for the past four years. The only difference is his I-wear-sunglasses-inside look, which makes his writing that much more hilarious.

Concerning Mr. Bice, I’ve never fully understood his distaste for religion and church – although with the way priests have been acting lately, I don’t think I even want to know. My biggest issue with his writing is that he never leaves his comfort zone. It is so easy for him to hide behind his computer and satirize modern religion. But he has never, ever attempted to argue against the one fundamental truth that both the religious and scientific community recognize: the creation of life.

I, like many young people, struggle with what to believe and who to believe. But I also recognize a supreme being. It is impossible to create life out of nothing or to explain a soul of an organism in scientific terms. Not in egg-and-sperm terms, but rather the definition of a soul: what it is, where did it come from and who created it.

Mr. Bice, you do not have a drop of consideration or understanding for other’s beliefs inside of you. If you can convince me that the very first microbes on earth were somehow created by random chaos, I will gladly shake your hand. Perhaps afterward we can swirl a few test tubes and bring back the soul of Elvis.

Jonathan Crawford

economics senior

Share and discuss “Jesus column boring, Bice can only write about one topic” on social media.