Wednesday, October 9, 2024

SN Style: Chain gang

Kinesiology sophomore Liz DeVries models a charm necklace in the shape of a strawberry. Though these charm necklaces can be worn with just about anything, they look especially chic when worn with oversized tunic tops and trapeze dresses.

In the world of fashion, anything can be trendy — even fruit.

Case in point: This spring, strawberries have taken center stage, dangling from long chains as the sole attracting factor of necklaces. Forever 21 and Urban Outfitters carry variations of the fruit necklaces, with prices hovering around $4.80 at Forever 21 and $20 at Urban Outfitters.

Aside from the stylish strawberry-heart pendants — especially in black — and charms in general have infiltrated retail stores this season. The young, up-and-coming designer Erin Fetherston can be credited with popularizing the black heart necklace, as it was paraded down her spring runway looking especially fresh against frothy white and nude-colored dresses.

Forever 21 is selling heart necklaces in black, red and gold, with prices ranging from about $4.80 to $7.80.

Though these charm necklaces can be worn with just about anything, they look especially chic when worn with oversized tunic tops and trapeze dresses.

And now that spring weather has finally arrived, you don't have to wait another day to take this look for a test drive.

Share and discuss “SN Style: Chain gang” on social media.