Monday, July 8, 2024

Police briefs 08/31/06

An 18-year-old man was struck by a vehicle Tuesday, while he rode his bike through Lot 7 near the Old Horticulture Building, said MSU police Sgt. Florene McGlothian-Taylor. The bike rider was traveling south and failed to yield to traffic from the sidewalk when he was hit and knocked down onto his left side by the vehicle. Shortly after, the driver, a 32-year-old Lansing man, brought the rider to Olin Health Center, where he was treated for minor injuries to his left leg, McGlothian-Taylor said. Road conditions were wet at about 11:30 a.m. when the incident occurred.Woodard Williams, one of two men charged in a Sunday morning incident between a crowd of about 500 and police at Dover's Crossing Apartments in Lansing, also received an additional felony count of resisting and obstructing, said Linda Maloney, Ingham County's assistant prosecutor. Previous reports said Williams and Wiley Graham both received one felony count of resisting and obstructing an officer causing injury and one misdemeanor count of disorderly conduct. Maggie LillisA construction Dumpster caught fire Wednesday evening on Village Drive in Cedar Village. It is not known what caused the blaze, which was contained by the East Lansing Fire Department. Capt. Mike Montgomery said the department was on the scene by 9:15 p.m.Kris Turner

Share and discuss “Police briefs 08/31/06” on social media.