Five favorites

Things in pop culture that might make your life a little bit better

1 "Match Point," a drama about fidelity, passion and luck, is released on DVD today. This thriller, directed by Woody Allen, stars Scarlett Johansson and Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Watch the plot thicken when a married man (Rhys Meyers) falls for his best friend's fiancee (Johansson).

2 Starting on May 1, you can go to http://abc.go.com and download free episodes of "Lost," "Desperate Housewives," "Alias" and "Commander in Chief" the day after an episode has aired. You will be able to pause the show when watching it, but you won't be able to fast-forward through annoying commercials. Still, it's a perfect way to catch up if you miss an episode of your favorite show.

3 Sunday kicked off the Detroit Pistons' playoff season, and the team beat the Milwaukee Bucks, 92-74, at home. The next game is Wednesday night at 7:30 p.m. One game down, 15 to go until Detroit wins the coveted Larry O'Brien championship trophy.

4 Nominees for the 2006 MTV Movie Awards, which airs at 9 p.m. June 8, were announced yesterday. Academy Award-winner Reese Witherspoon was nominated for Best Performance in "Walk the Line," along with Joaquin Phoenix also for "Walk the Line," Jake Gyllenhaal for "Brokeback Mountain," Rachel McAdams for "Red Eye," Steve Carell for "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" and Terrence Howard for "Hustle & Flow." Go to www.mtv.com for a complete listing of categories and nominees.

5 It's finally here — the last week of classes! Update your Facebook profile now because the Web site will be difficult to log into next week when it becomes overpopulated with students procrastinating to study for final exams.

Share and discuss “Five favorites” on social media.