Five favorites

Things in pop culture that might make your life a little bit better

1 "An Unfinished Life" is a movie about a single mom named Jean Gilkyson (Jennifer Lopez) and her daughter running away from Gilkyson's abusive boyfriend. Lasse Hallström, who directed the acclaimed "Cider House Rules," is the brains behind this film. It's released on DVD today. Watch the movie and see how Lopez fares — it's bound to be better than "Gigli."

2 Indulge your inner rock star and perform at University Activities Board's open mic night Wednesday at 8 p.m. in the main lounge of the Union. Not a rock star? Entertain yourself by watching rock stars in the making. Still not convinced? This will surely lure you in — it's free.

3 "Crash," the controversial movie that won Best Picture at the Academy Awards this year, was re-released on DVD last week. The new and improved DVD includes several extended scenes, commentary documentaries on Los Angeles and more. If you liked the movie, check out these special features for an inside look.

4 If you happened to love the first three "Scary Movie" spoofs, you'd like to know the fourth film is coming to theaters Friday. This installment stars Carmen Electra, Anna Faris, Regina Hall and André Benjamin, and will satirize recent movies such as "Saw," "War of the Worlds," "The Village" and "The Grudge."

5 "The Secrets of Judas," a book about the disciple Judas who betrayed Jesus, is on sale now. Written from Judas' perspective, this book suggests that if Judas had never betrayed Jesus, the Easter miracle might have never occurred. Even if you aren't a Christian, it seems like an interesting read.

Share and discuss “Five favorites” on social media.