Five favorites

Every week, The State News presents five things going on in the world of pop culture that might make your life a little bit better. In the spirit of Valentine's Day, here are a few last-minute gift ideas for your sweetheart.

1. The Always Blooming Flower Sale is taking place in the Union from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. today. This is the perfect opportunity to pick up flowers for your valentine on your way home from class if Feb. 14 slipped your mind.

2. Buy their favorite movie or TV series on DVD. Season one of "Grey's Anatomy" is out on DVD, and classics like "Sex and the City" and "The O.C." are definite smooch seekers.

3. Professors of Jazz and Kevin Mahogany. This singer's rich and sexy voice is gracing the Wharton Center with a concert Thursday, Feb. 23. If you are looking for some new music to peruse with your Valentine, snag tickets for this concert at www.whartoncenter.com.

4. Cold Stone Creamery's Love Duet cakes. These delectable little cakes are too good to eat alone, which is why they conveniently come in pairs. Satisfy your sweet tooth together with this mixture of chocolate and ice cream, available right on M.A.C. Avenue next to Cosi.

5. Make a photo collage for your significant other. Since you already have most of the supplies needed, this shouldn't be too difficult or expensive. Find some pictures of the two of you together and create something to hang on a wall or place at a desk.

Share and discuss “Five favorites” on social media.