Sunday, October 6, 2024

Police briefs 12/06/05

A Phillips Hall resident told police she was raped early Tuesday morning, MSU police Sgt. Florene McGlothian-Taylor said.The resident had invited the suspect and other friends over, but the suspect stayed when everyone else left, McGlothian-Taylor said.The student went to Olin Health Center for treatment and the incident is under investigation, McGlothian-Taylor said.• Five glass windows in the greenhouse at the corner of Farm Lane and Wilson Road were smashed between Friday and Saturday, McGlothian-Taylor said.The damage was estimated to cost $500, she said.The broken windows were located in the northwest section of the greenhouse, McGlothian-Taylor said.Glass fragments were found both inside and outside the building, but it doesn't appear that access was gained and nothing seems to be missing, she said.• A student employee had written four tickets to four different vehicles on West Circle Drive on Tuesday when a man in a truck threw a cup of pop at his vehicle, an MSU police report states.The employee told police the pop spilled all over his vehicle and his clothing, MSU police Sgt. Florene McGlothian-Taylor said.• A female student in Bryan Hall reported receiving harassing instant messages between Nov. 28 and Wednesday, McGlothian-Taylor said.The messages were "vulgar and insulting," McGlothian-Taylor said, adding that statements were made about the victim's race, weight and physical characteristics.Police are investigating the incident, she said.Margaret Harding

Share and discuss “Police briefs 12/06/05” on social media.