Five favorites

The State News presents five things going on in the world of pop culture that might make your life a little bit better:

1. Jamie Foxx — the most recent addition to the list of celebrities who multitask — brings us his new single, "Unpredictable" with Ludacris. Although the lyrics sound like they're straight from R. Kelly's brain ("I know you're used to dinner and a movie/Why not be my dinner, while making a movie?"), but the old-school R&B beat will keep you vibing.

2. Speaking of celebrities, www.wireimage.com lets visitors gaze at all their favorite big names — and small ones, too — strutting down various red carpets across the world.

3. You've seen those "get rich quick" books — but "The Google Story: Inside the Hottest Business, Media, and Technology Success of Our Time" puts them all to shame. Authors David A. Vise and Mark Malseed detail the story about how the search engine became a billion-dollar conglomerate.

4. Carnivore, herbivore —whatever. Anyone can appreciate the vegan plate with chips at Big Ten Burrito for $4. The generous servings of guacamole, black beans, salsa, rice and pinto beans make for diverse dipping options.

5. Check out the "Big in '05" awards at 8 p.m. Sunday on VH1 for everything ... well ... big that happened in the entertainment world in 2005. But what if something bigger happens after it airs?

Share and discuss “Five favorites” on social media.