Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Five favorites

The State News presents five things going on in the world of pop culture that might make your life a little bit better.

1. "So Lonely," by Mariah Carey and Twista, available only on the re-release of Carey's blockbuster album "The Emancipation of Mimi." It's a continuation of the original Carey/Twista collaboration "One and Only," except this version features sultrier vocals and a slicker production from Rodney Jerkins. It's definitely one of the most R&B-heavy tracks Carey's ever released.

2. "The Complete Calvin and Hobbes" by cartoonist Bill Watterson. No more collecting coffee-table books featuring only a sampling of the classic comic. The misadventures of the spastic kid and his stuffed tiger come in a box set for $150.

3. The omelette sandwich at Cosi hits the breakfast spot. It's an egg sandwich, with your choice of bagel and two toppings — plus a cup of coffee — for $3.49.

4. If "Desperate Housewives" and "Sex and the City" could mate, they'd produce ABC's "Hot Properties," which airs at 9:30 p.m. on Fridays. The comedy features four women — one married, three single — dealing with love and life in New York City. But where else?

5. Planning a night out? Check out www.barsofeastlansing.com for the dish on all the local hot spots. No sugarcoating here — it's straightforward commentary from East Lansing bar enthusiasts.

Share and discuss “Five favorites” on social media.