1. "Are Men Necessary?: When Sexes Collide," the latest collection of observations from New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd. The book explores how far women have come but why, Dowd opines, women seem to be stepping backward in their accomplishments. It's $25.95 at many bookstores.
2. "Hung Up," the new single from Madonna's "Confessions on a Dance Floor." How old is Madonna? 65? Does it matter? Finally, there's a new dance song out there putting "My Humps" out of its misery, and Madonna once again proves who's the reigning queen of the dance floor.
3. Tomorrow marks the season finale of "Run's House," the MTV reality show starring Rev Run of the legendary rap group Run-DMC, his wife and family. They will take a trip to Colorado following oldest daughter Vanessa on a modeling shoot. Follow the family's misadventures at 10:30 p.m. Thursday night.
4. It's almost that time of year. Not just for the holidays but also the opportunity to find a supplemental job. Try www.spartantrak.com to see who's hiring for the special season.
5. Just in time for Thanksgiving, try a turkey pita at The Pita Pit, 219 E. Grand River Ave., for $5.19 if you're not up to roasting your own.