Wednesday, October 2, 2024

MTV celebrities visit mall

'Real World' cast members discuss life on the show

"The Real World Las Vegas" cast members Frank and Brynn talk to an audience Friday at the Meridian Mall in Okemos. The pair discussed how their lives have been affected since being on the MTV show.

The screams of teenage girls could be heard echoing through Meridian Mall in Okemos on Friday night as they waited for the arrival of two television stars.

Frank and Brynn from MTV's reality television show "The Real World Las Vegas" took part in a meet-and-greet session. Due to contract rules "Real World" cast members cannot give out their last names. The event was sponsored by the mall, Coca Cola USA and Comcast.

Young fans of the show couldn't wait to see the two stars up close.

"I watched every single episode," said Stefanie Pilch, a 15-year-old Potterville resident. "I heard about this event on TV and I wanted to come see what they were really like in person."

The crowd of nearly 150 people waited anxiously for Frank and Brynn to arrive and answer crowd questions.

The questions ranged from what they are doing now to what they thought of their newfound fame.

"It's really surreal to be recognized by other people," said Frank, describing his celebrity stature to the crowd. "The first time someone came up to me it was an 11-year-old girl and I think I was more nervous about it than she was."

Both cast members say fame took them by surprise.

"It's more hard than weird," said Brynn, who is expecting her first baby in September. "People have seen only about a half hour of my whole life on the show and they think that they know who I am.

"Imagine having your life edited into bits and pieces and having some of what you say cut off, that's the picture people get."

Frank also took the chance to give advice to anyone who is looking to be on the show.

"Just be yourself when you audition, don't act out a story," Frank said. "You might not think that you have anything interesting to say, but my life seemed pretty boring to me and they picked me for the show."

After the question-and-answer session ended, Frank and Brynn signed autographs and took pictures with excited fans.

"My roommates and I are completely obsessed with the show," said Brooke Rademacher, a family community services junior. "Watching the show together was like a bonding experience for us and now we can all say that we met them together too."

Most of the people who came to see the two cast members just wanted to have the chance to meet them. But one fan had a unique request.

"I really just want to know if Brynn would come out with us to the bar tonight," said Christina Lee, a 23-year-old Haslett resident. "I would just love to hang out with her because she seems like such a cool person."

Share and discuss “MTV celebrities visit mall” on social media.