Under a revision to a university policy, appointments to fixed-term employee positions made on or after March 1 can be ended before contractual expiration dates for budgetary reasons. The policy requires written notice be given to the employee 30 days before the date of termination.
A $6.8 million Center for Women’s Health and Reproduction Research moved to MSU’s Grand Rapids location this month following the recruitment of a leading infertility researcher, university officials announced Wednesday. Asgi T. Fazleabas, now a professor and an associate chairperson in MSU’s Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, previously worked at University of Illinois.
A free concert will be performed by Michigan rock band Doop and the Inside Outlaws at 5 p.m. Friday at the rock on Farm Lane. The event is presented by MSU’s University Activities Board and Senior Class Council.
MSU’s Formula One Racing Team will unveil at 3 p.m. Sunday at the Engineering Building a race car they’ve spent the last year building from the ground up. About 20 MSU students from various majors are on the team.
Police still are searching for a suspect or suspects who caused about $50,000 in damage by turning MSU’s W.K. Kellogg Biological Station into a slalom course by weaving a vehicle through marking tags set up as part of a research project, Barry Township police Officer Christopher Martin said.
- Catching the travel bug reveals prospects of taking a "walkabout"
- Cyclone Yasi rocks Queenland, drenches Sydney
- Trip to Jervis Bay offers isolated piece of Australian heaven
- Blogger dives into Australia's government and intro surf lessons
- A venture off the beaten path reveals "incredible" waterfall view
- Laid-back Australian lifestyle inspires cultural reflection