The State News serves more than 60,000 readers every day with information through the newspaper and statenews.com. Here's a look behind the scenes at how several hundred students work together each day to publish The State News for the MSU community.
- The State News is currently accepting applications for Editor-in-Chief, please see the Editor Application.
- The State News is currently accepting applications for Advertising Manager, please see the Advertising Manager Application.
- The State News is currently accepting Student applications for its Board of Directors. For more information, please see the Board of Directors page.
- The State News is currently accepting applications for all newsroom positions for the fall 2014 semester. Positions include reporting and editing roles, scheduled for three to five days per week. If interested, please fill out an online application here.
- The State News is currently accepting applications for photojournalist positions for the fall 2014 semester. If interested, please fill out an online application here.
- The State News is hiring for the following departments: Web & Product Development and Distribution. Use the appropriate application link in the right-hand column for the department you are interested in.
- The Creative Department is currently hiring for all design positions. Find more information out here.
Who we are
The State News is brought to you through the hard work of six award-winning departments:
Advertising is responsible for generating $2 million annually for The State News. We're always looking for outgoing people who are self-motivated and have a strong desire to work.
The business office provides support to all the other departments. We're also responsible for all financial matters relating to the newspaper.
Creative Services is vital to the creation and structure of both the daily edition and statenews.com. Without this department the paper would never make it to circulation every day.
The distribution team is responsible for delivering The State News to MSU and the surrounding area.
At its core, The State News is about just that - news. Reporters, Designers, Editors, Photographers and Interns work together to bring relevant and objective information to the MSU community.
Web & Product Development
Product Development is responsible for the software infrastructure that runs The State News, statenews.com, and over a dozen other collegiate newspapers around the nation.