Friday, October 31, 2014

Entertainment Blog

Rick Ross murder attempt no coincedence

By Omari Sankofa II          Posted: 01/28/13 9:21pm         

After celebrating his 37th birthday at the club (where else?), rapper Rick Ross narrowly avoided death early Monday morning.

Allegedly using an AK-47, an assailant sprayed Ross’s Rolls-Royce as he was driving home. Ross and his passenger survived. His luxury car, however, did not, as Ross crashed it into an apartment complex in an attempt to escape.

This comes months after Ross canceled concerts in North Carolina after receiving death threats from the Gangster Disciples. Apparently, Ross stepped on a few toes when he claimed to feel like Larry Hoover in his 2010 hit B.M.F (Blowin’ Money Fast), who is the Gangster Disciple’s imprisoned leader.

Ross also used the Star of David on the cover of his mixtape “Black Bar Mitzvah.” The Star of David happens to be the logo of the Gangster Disciples. This probably isn’t a coincidence.

In the same song, Ross claimed to be Big Meech, founder of the gang Black Mafia Family. Notice the initials of the gang, B.M.F.

Ross got into a well-publicized confrontation with rapper Young Jeezy at the 2012 BET Hip Hop Awards. Young Jeezy is associated with B.M.F.

Something tells me that Ross is in deep with the wrong people, and that the recent murder attempt on him was the doing of one of the aforementioned gangs.

It’s not uncommon for rappers to affiliate themselves with gangs. Lil Wayne has commonly mentioned the Bloods Gang in his music. Many of the old West Coast legends (Snoop Dogg, Eazy E, Nate Dogg) were also rumored to be gang-affiliated.

Ross, on the other hand, started his career not as the drug-trafficking kingpin he portrays in his music, but as a Florida correctional officer.

This tidbit of information didn’t go over well with rapper 50 Cent, who publicly called Ross out as a poser in 2009.

It’s very possible that Ross was never involved in gang life. Given the drama, it appears that these gangs also see Ross as a poser.

That’s not to say most of the rappers in hip-hop today are gangbangers. But what sets Ross apart is that he actually made concentrated efforts to shout out actual gangs in his music, something that is uncommon for mainstream rappers, besides a select few.

If it’s true that Ross has no affiliation to either the Black Mafia Family or the Gangster Disciples (and it’s highly, highly unlikely that he’s a member of both), then his recent problems are by his own doing.

As the saying goes, it’s not wise to align oneself with a dangerous gang if you’re not actually a member (that’s how it goes, right?)

If Ross wants to make it out unscathed, a persona change, or even a career change might be in order.

Then again, the murder attempt could be unrelated. You never know in this crazy world.