Capital Area Humane Society to host fundraiser for local artists and animals

Advertising sophomore Tommy Randazzo and chemistry sophomore Lexi Langtry share smiles with a playful puppy during East by East Lansing Charity Festival on Sept. 24, 2017, at the Summer Circle Theater. This was a charity concert on campus comprised of student artists to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and the Capital Area Humane Society.
Advertising sophomore Tommy Randazzo and chemistry sophomore Lexi Langtry share smiles with a playful puppy during East by East Lansing Charity Festival on Sept. 24, 2017, at the Summer Circle Theater. This was a charity concert on campus comprised of student artists to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and the Capital Area Humane Society. —
Photo by Sylvia Jarrus | The State News

The Lansing Capital Area Humane Society is hosting their first Bark for the Arts fundraiser Sunday June 10, from 1 to 5 p.m.

The shelter will be exhibiting a wide variety of art for viewing and sale by local artists. 

The community is invited to visit the art gallery, meet with the artists and discuss their work. Visitors will also have the opportunity to tour the newly-renovated facility and learn more about the work of the Capital Area Humane Society, founded in 1936.

“This is the first year we’re hosting this event and we hope to make this an annual event,” said Julia Willson, president and CEO of the Capital Area Humane Society. “About 25 local artists will be here at the shelter with their art work. Jewelry, canvas art and a wide variety of other mediums.”

Artists will also be donating 25 percent of their proceeds back to the Capital Area Humane Society to assist in the care of over 10,000 animals in the Lansing area.

The shelter will not be open for adoptions that day, but people are welcome to visit the animals, observe the art and support the community.  

Share and discuss “Capital Area Humane Society to host fundraiser for local artists and animals” on social media.