Bridges, Jackson predicted as top-15 picks in latest ESPN mock draft

Sophomore guard Miles Bridges (22) expresses emotion after making the game winning shot during the second half of the men's basketball game against Purdue on Feb. 10, 2018 at Breslin Center. The Spartans defeated the Boilermakers, 68-65. (Nic Antaya | The State News)
Sophomore guard Miles Bridges (22) expresses emotion after making the game winning shot during the second half of the men's basketball game against Purdue on Feb. 10, 2018 at Breslin Center. The Spartans defeated the Boilermakers, 68-65. (Nic Antaya | The State News) —

With college basketball season officially over, the focus has now shifted towards the NBA and where many young college stars will play in their professional careers. On Monday, ESPN released its latest 2018 NBA mock draft

MSU has two of its players projected to be selected in the top-15 in freshman forward Jaren Jackson Jr. and sophomore forward Miles Bridges.

Jackson is projected to be the third overall pick selected by the Atlanta Hawks, depending on how the draft lottery plays out, right behind 7-foot-1 center DeAndre Ayton from the University of Arizona and guard Luka Doncic from Slovenia.

Bridges is projected to be the No. 11 overall pick selected by the Charlotte Hornets behind college stars Trae Young, Collin Sexton, Mikal Bridges and Wendell Carter.

Not much has changed in this recent mock draft as both Bridges and Jackson's stock have not risen or dropped in previous mock drafts.

Sophomore forward Nick Ward was the third Spartan to declare for the NBA draft shortly after the tournament. However, ESPN and a number of other mock drafts predict Ward to go undrafted.

Ward has only submitted his name and has yet to hire an agent. Ward has until May 30 to withdraw his name from the draft and return to play at MSU, but is still eligible to participate in drills and workouts for the draft.

The NBA draft will begin at 7 p.m. on June 21 in Brooklyn, New York at the Barclays Center.

Share and discuss “Bridges, Jackson predicted as top-15 picks in latest ESPN mock draft” on social media.