Men's basketball stays put in latest AP poll

Sophomore guard Miles Bridges (22) expresses emotion after making the game winning shot during the second half of the men's basketball game against Purdue on Feb. 10, 2018 at Breslin Center. The Spartans defeated the Boilermakers, 68-65. (Nic Antaya | The State News)
Sophomore guard Miles Bridges (22) expresses emotion after making the game winning shot during the second half of the men's basketball game against Purdue on Feb. 10, 2018 at Breslin Center. The Spartans defeated the Boilermakers, 68-65. (Nic Antaya | The State News) —

There's no movement for men's basketball in the latest AP Top-25 poll, as the Spartans remained at No. 2 in the rankings that were released Monday.

The Spartans went 2-0 on their short road trip last week, blowing out Minnesota Tuesday and overcoming a 27-point deficit to beat Northwestern Saturday.

In a year where no top-ranked team is safe, three teams in the previous top-5 suffered losses last week. No. 3 Villanova was knocked off by Providence on Wednesday, but bounced back from the loss with a 95-79 win over No. 4 Xavier over the weekend. No. 5 Cincinnati's 39-home game winning streak was snapped yesterday by Wichita State. The Bearcats had owned the nation's longest home winning streak.

The complete rankings goes as follows:

1. Virginia

2. MSU

3. Villonova

4. Xavier

5. Duke

6. Texas Tech

6. Gonzaga

8. Kansas

9. Purdue

10. UNC

11. Cincinnati

12. Auburn

13. Wichita State

14. Arizona

15. Clemson

16. Ohio State

17. Michigan

18. Rhode Island

19. Tennessee

20. Nevada

21. West Virginia

22. Saint Mary's (Cal)

23. Houston

24. Middle Tennessee State

25. Florida State

Share and discuss “Men's basketball stays put in latest AP poll” on social media.