MSU Women's Varsity Rowing Team to meet with Board of Trustees today

<p>MSU women's rowing celebrate with teammates after winning the gold medal in the women's eight event at the 2015 World Rowing Championships in Aiguebelette, France. Emily Regan is on the far right. STATE NEWS FILE PHOTO</p>

MSU women's rowing celebrate with teammates after winning the gold medal in the women's eight event at the 2015 World Rowing Championships in Aiguebelette, France. Emily Regan is on the far right. STATE NEWS FILE PHOTO

MSU Women's Rowing Team will meet with four of the eight members of the MSU Board of Trustees at 4 p.m. about the university's failure to handle ex-MSU doctor Larry Nassar's sexual abuse case. 

The women's rowing team compiled a list of expectations that they will present in the meeting as a united front to fight for the safety of all and hold the university accountable for its failure to do so. 

These expectations were created by the teammates in hope to share their concerns. Nassar was the women's rowing team doctor from 1998-2016. Survivors of Nassar's abuse are still on the MSU women's rowing. 

The location of where the meeting is held is yet to be determined, however, the women's rowing team will be leaving Jenison Field House at 3:30 p.m. to walk to the location. Emily Regan, MSU alumna and USA Rowing Olympian gold medalist, said all are welcome to walk with the team, via email. 

Share and discuss “MSU Women's Varsity Rowing Team to meet with Board of Trustees today” on social media.