Men's basketball falls in AP poll for second straight week

Sophomore guard Miles Bridges (22) drives the ball towards the net during the first half of the men's basketball game against Michigan on Jan. 13, 2018 at Breslin Center. The Spartan's led the first half, 37-34. (Nic Antaya | The State News)
Sophomore guard Miles Bridges (22) drives the ball towards the net during the first half of the men's basketball game against Michigan on Jan. 13, 2018 at Breslin Center. The Spartan's led the first half, 37-34. (Nic Antaya | The State News) —

The men's basketball team fell to No. 9 in the Associated Press's latest top-25 basketball poll released Monday, following the team's 82-72 loss to in-state rival University of Michigan on Saturday.

Conversely, the Wolverines jumped into the top-25 for the first time this season, placing at No. 23. 

The Spartans dropped down to the No. 4 team last week after spending just one week at No. 1 following their Jan. 7 loss to now-No. 22 Ohio State University.

Purdue is the only other Big Ten team in latest version of the rankings and moved up from No. 5 to No. 3.

MSU has lost two of its last three games and will not play again until Friday when it hosts Indiana (11-7, 4-2).

Share and discuss “Men's basketball falls in AP poll for second straight week” on social media.