Quarterback Messiah deWeaver to transfer from MSU

Redshirt freshman quarterback Messiah deWeaver (10) runs the ball during the game against Ohio State, on Nov. 11, 2017, at Ohio Stadium. The Spartans were defeated by the Buckeys, 48-3.
Redshirt freshman quarterback Messiah deWeaver (10) runs the ball during the game against Ohio State, on Nov. 11, 2017, at Ohio Stadium. The Spartans were defeated by the Buckeys, 48-3. —
Photo by Jon Famurewa | The State News

Redshirt freshman quarterback Messiah deWeaver announced on Twitter Saturday night that he's transferring from MSU.

DeWeaver only played two games in his Spartan career with the first game being against Ohio State on Nov. 11, and the second against Rutgers on Nov. 25. DeWeaver also didn't throw a pass in his MSU career, only rushing four times for -1 yards.

Sophomore quarterback Brian Lewerke accounted for 417 of the Spartans 424 passing attempts this season, leaving little room for other quarterbacks to play. 

The departure of deWeaver most likely makes freshman Rocky Lombardi next in line to backup Lewerke next season.

The former four-star recruit has yet to announce where he'll be transferring to.

Share and discuss “Quarterback Messiah deWeaver to transfer from MSU” on social media.