MSU Men's Basketball to host charity game against University of Georgia

<p>Senior guard Lourawls "Tum Tum" Nairn Jr. (1), right, and Sophomore guard Cassius Winston (10) share a laugh during the Fourteenth Annual Moneyball Pro-Am on July 18, 2017, at Aim High Sports at 7977 Centerline Drive in Dimondale, Michigan. The Fourteenth Annual Moneyball Pro-Am features current and former professional and collegiate basketball players.</p>

Senior guard Lourawls "Tum Tum" Nairn Jr. (1), right, and Sophomore guard Cassius Winston (10) share a laugh during the Fourteenth Annual Moneyball Pro-Am on July 18, 2017, at Aim High Sports at 7977 Centerline Drive in Dimondale, Michigan. The Fourteenth Annual Moneyball Pro-Am features current and former professional and collegiate basketball players.

Photo by Jon Famurewa | The State News

The MSU men’s basketball team announced today that the will host the University of Georgia in a charity match on Sunday, Oct. 29 at 2 p.m. at Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids.

The game will help raise awareness and financial support for hurricane relief efforts, specifically those in Georgia and the Bahamas, which is home to Spartan senior guard Lourawls “Tum Tum” Nairn Jr. Ticket sales will benefit American Red Cross- International Services and American Red Cross- Georgia Region.

For those interested, tickets will go on sale at 3 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 25. Tickets will cost $17.50 and will be available at the Van Andel Arena and DeVos Place box office, Ticketmaster.com, and by phone at 1-800-745-3000. Prices are subject to change.

This will be MSU first game in Grand Rapids since Nov. 1, 2006 when the team faced Grand Valley State. 

Share and discuss “MSU Men's Basketball to host charity game against University of Georgia ” on social media.