Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Dantonio: LJ Scott to play Saturday despite arrest

Sophomore running back LJ Scott (3) runs the football during the game against the University of Michigan on Oct. 29, 2016 at Spartan Stadium. The Spartans were defeated by the Wolverines, 32-23.
Sophomore running back LJ Scott (3) runs the football during the game against the University of Michigan on Oct. 29, 2016 at Spartan Stadium. The Spartans were defeated by the Wolverines, 32-23. —

Despite being arrested on Wednesday for driving without a valid license, junior running back LJ Scott has resolved the issue and will play on Saturday against Indiana, head coach Mark Dantonio said in a statement Friday.

"In what has been a lengthy process, LJ Scott now has a valid driver's license, free of any restrictions," Dantonio said in the press release. "He has resolved the matter completely, and has paid a price, both financially and publicly. His status will be affected for Saturday's game, but he will play."

Scott was released on bond and agreed to a plea deal in the 54B district court, per the city attorney. 

Scott, who is the team's leading rusher with 408 yards, had a career night last weekend against Minnesota, rushing for 194 yards on 25 carries and scored two touchdowns in the Spartans' 30-27 win.

Share and discuss “Dantonio: LJ Scott to play Saturday despite arrest” on social media.