Judge in Nassar case reassigned after Facebook 'like'

Former MSU employee Larry Nassar looks towards the  55th District Court Judge Donald L. Allen Jr. during the preliminary examination on Feb. 17, 2017 at 55th District Court in Mason, Mich. The preliminary examination occurred as a result of former MSU employee Larry Nassar's alleged sexual abuse.
Former MSU employee Larry Nassar looks towards the 55th District Court Judge Donald L. Allen Jr. during the preliminary examination on Feb. 17, 2017 at 55th District Court in Mason, Mich. The preliminary examination occurred as a result of former MSU employee Larry Nassar's alleged sexual abuse. —
Photo by Nic Antaya | and Nic Antaya The State News

Former MSU employee Larry Nassar’s case in Eaton County will be reassigned to another judge after Judge Julie O’Neill “liked” a Facebook post from White Law PLLC, according to the Lansing State Journal.

Nassar pleaded not guilty to 13 charges of criminal sexual conduct at 56A District Court in Charlotte, Mich. on Feb. 23.

Jamie White, the founder of White Law PLLC, is one of the attorneys prosecuting Nassar in Denhollander et al v. Michigan State University et al.

The post, dated Feb. 14, says that “Nassar’s defense is not strong.” White is quoted in the post as saying, “we have spent an enormous amount of time trying to find someone inside the medical community to support this and to date we have been unsuccessful.”

An order of disqualification was entered in the case Wednesday after Nassar’s defense attorneys became concerned about O’Neill’s impartiality as judge, according to the Lansing State Journal.

Eaton County District Court has only two judges, so the case will be reassigned to Judge Julie Reincke.

Nassar's defense will focus on the legitimacy of his medical procedures, according to the Lansing State Journal. The Facebook post directly questions their legitimacy.

Nassar contributed a chapter to "Principles of Manual Sports Medicine," which described similar techniques to those he has been accused of performing, though the techniques described do not appear to include vaginal or anal penetration.

Nassar has also been accused of failing to follow the procedures he laid out in the book for treating patients' pelvic regions.

Share and discuss “Judge in Nassar case reassigned after Facebook 'like'” on social media.