In wake of Dakich chants, Izzo shows his support for Izzone

Freshman guard Joshua Langford (1) blocks as he drives toward the basket during the second half of the men's basketball game against Ohio State University on Feb. 14, 2017 at Breslin Center. The Spartans defeated the Buckeyes, 74-66.
Freshman guard Joshua Langford (1) blocks as he drives toward the basket during the second half of the men's basketball game against Ohio State University on Feb. 14, 2017 at Breslin Center. The Spartans defeated the Buckeyes, 74-66. —
Photo by Chloe Grigsby | and Chloe Grigsby The State News

The loud roars and cheers from the Izzone have been noted for wild reactions, comedic outpour and motivational uplifting support. 

In MSU's recent win against the Ohio State Buckeyes University, the Izzone was able to sound off against its new public enemy No. 1, ESPN's Dan Dakich. Constant boos rang down from the student section and during Ohio State senior guard Marc Loving's free-throw attempt, the Izzone chanted "We hate Dak-ich." 

There were minimal reasons for those chants to stop because the Buckeyes continued to miss free throws. 

During the entire course of the game, Ohio State was 3-6 in free throws when the Izzone chanted against Dakich. 

Head coach Tom Izzo said following the game that he was puzzled and confused over the student section chant. Izzo said he didn't approve of these chants until he was told in the locker room at halftime about why Dakich was targeted. 

Following the 29-point blowout loss against University of Michigan, Dakich and MSU fans collided in hostile exchanges via Twitter. 

These two tweets are just a small sample size of Dakich's interactions with MSU fans. 

Dakich defended himself following the U-M game tweeting, "u goofs came at me...I just broadcasted a rout."

Izzo said if he were to have known about Dakich's antics before the game, he would have led the chants. 

"I think it’s funny because I have no respect for him for that and I am going to publicly say that," Izzo said. "You can tweet it, you can read it, you can do whatever you want with it. But Twitter got him in trouble and he earned it. I am surprised that ESPN would let someone say something like that, that works for them."

The Hall of Fame coach said Dakich owes MSU fans and students an apology. 

Share and discuss “In wake of Dakich chants, Izzo shows his support for Izzone ” on social media.