Monday, March 18, 2024

Trump to give campaign speech nearby on Friday

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump gives a speech on July 21, 2016, the last day of the Republican National Convention, at Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio.
Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump gives a speech on July 21, 2016, the last day of the Republican National Convention, at Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio. —

Republican Presidential Candidate Donald Trump will be coming near Lansing for a campaign speech on Friday, according to a campaign schedule.

The event will be in Dimondale, Mich., about 20 minutes away, and will take place at The Summit Sports and Ice Complex. The event will begin at will begin at 5 p.m. after being pushed back later in the day several times. 

Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton is currently 10 points ahead of Trump, according to the latest WXYZ-TV/Detroit Free Press poll released Aug. 5. Clinton was most recently in Michigan when she gave a speech last week in Warren

Tickets to the event can be obtained on the campaign website on a first-come, first-served basis. 

Twitter had a few interesting reactions. 

Share and discuss “Trump to give campaign speech nearby on Friday” on social media.