MSU women's basketball game vs. Maryland postponed again because of weather

The MSU women’s basketball team had its game against Big Ten opponent Maryland postponed on Saturday because of Winter Storm Jonas. The game was rescheduled for Monday, but with weather conditions continuing to be inclement, that game has now been postponed, too.

The date for this game has yet to be determined. Both schools and the Big Ten are working together to reschedule the contest, according to Spartan Athletics.

Winter Storm Jonas blasted the area, with snow total accumulating up to 32 inches in the metro-Baltimore area, according to a patch.com weather report. West Virginia was affected most by the storm, with areas receiving more than 42 inches since Friday. Jonas has swept through much of the country’s Northeast, leaving millions without power and a death toll currently at 14.

Administrators from both schools believed that the postponement was necessary for the safety of the traveling Spartans.

The Spartans will take the next few days off before they resume play against Purdue Wednesday, which is tied with MSU for third in the Big Ten. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. and can be watched on BTN Plus, or follow our live feed on Twitter for updates.

Share and discuss “MSU women's basketball game vs. Maryland postponed again because of weather” on social media.