Friday, May 3, 2024

Jack Conklin writes thank you letter to "Spartan Nation"

<p>Philadelphia Eagles (Pick 13): The Eagles allowed 37 sacks last season, and only averaged 108 yards per game rushing with DeMarco Murray, the previous AP NFL Player of the Year. Conklin is a great run blocker, using his size to match any large defensive end slashing inside. As for their quarterback, Sam Bradford has suffered multiple career-ending injuries, so an offensive tackle protecting his strong side certainly would not hurt. They have Lane Johnson on the left side and, depending on whether Jason Peters stays in Philadelphia, the right tackle position could be open to plug Conklin in immediately.</p>

Philadelphia Eagles (Pick 13): The Eagles allowed 37 sacks last season, and only averaged 108 yards per game rushing with DeMarco Murray, the previous AP NFL Player of the Year. Conklin is a great run blocker, using his size to match any large defensive end slashing inside. As for their quarterback, Sam Bradford has suffered multiple career-ending injuries, so an offensive tackle protecting his strong side certainly would not hurt. They have Lane Johnson on the left side and, depending on whether Jason Peters stays in Philadelphia, the right tackle position could be open to plug Conklin in immediately.

Junior offensive tackle Jack Conklin announced on Wednesday he will forgo his senior season and enter the 2016 NFL draft.

In a release from Spartan Athletics, Conklin wrote a personal letter to teammates, coaches and MSU fans:

Jack Conklin's NFL Draft announcement by The State News

Share and discuss “Jack Conklin writes thank you letter to "Spartan Nation"” on social media.