LIVE BLOG: No. 1 MSU vs. Maryland Eastern Shore

<p>Head coach Tom Izzo talks to senior guard Bryn Forbes, left, and freshman guard Matt McQuaid on Nov. 17, 2015 at United Center in Chicago during the Champions Classic. The Spartans defeated the Jayhawks, 79-73. </p>

Head coach Tom Izzo talks to senior guard Bryn Forbes, left, and freshman guard Matt McQuaid on Nov. 17, 2015 at United Center in Chicago during the Champions Classic. The Spartans defeated the Jayhawks, 79-73.

Photo by Sundeep Dhanjal | The State News

Welcome to the live blog for the basketball game between No. 1 MSU and Maryland Eastern Shore. Follow along for live updates and participate below. 

HALFTIME UPDATE:

The No. 1 MSU basketball team leads the Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks at the half of Wednesday night's game at Breslin Center, 33-16.

MSU senior guard Bryn Forbes leads the way with nine points while fellow senior guard Denzel Valentine has eight points.

The Spartans jumped out to a 9-2 lead within the first five minutes of the first half. 

When the Hawks managed to cut MSU's lead to 11-8, Forbes hit a pair of consecutive corner 3-pointers to put the Spartans back up by nine, 17-8. This prompted a UMES timeout with 12 minutes to go in the half.

From there, MSU opened the floodgates. After a quick UMES bucket out of the timeout, the Spartans went on an 11-0 run to bring the lead to 28-10 with 7:47 to play in the first half. This prompted another timeout.

But MSU continued to pour it in, using a 22-8 run to close out the first half.

Live Blog LIVE BLOG: No. 1 MSU vs Maryland Eastern Shore

Share and discuss “LIVE BLOG: No. 1 MSU vs. Maryland Eastern Shore” on social media.